Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vocaloid - Lily


Click here to enlarge.

Not long ago I posted a fan-art I made of Luka Megurine, a Vocaloid made by Crypton Future Media who has been out for over a year now.
-
This time, here is a Vocaloid who has not even been released at all yet. Lily, Internet Co's lastest vocal synthesizer application, is due to be released August 25 of this year. However, her character design (drawn by KEI, the same artist who designed Miku, Rin, Len, and Luka) is already out and fan-artists are already trying their hand at capturing her.
-
I took a little different take on Lily than most drawings I've seen before. Since she is intended to be a punk, most draw her looking tough and grinning...but hey, everyone has a soft side, right?
-
Needless to say, I love KEI's character designs; I think he is fantastic. However, when I first saw Lily, I was not all so impressed. Her design is starting to grow on me, though. I do like the prominent use of cords in her outfit - it goes along with the theme of making the Vocaloids appear both as technology and human.
-
But drawing so much fan art makes me really miss designing characters of my own. Maybe I can still find some time when I'm not working on MousePaw stuff to do more of that myself. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment