Sunday, April 25, 2010

Coming Soon: DEMO REEL!

Most people who know me are aware that the majority of my time right now is going toward my demo reel. But when I tell them this, they don't really know what to imagine. So I thought I'd provide a sneak preview via some screenshots I took of the reel.
-
For those who don't know, a demo reel is a short, 1-3 minute clip that showcases the best work of an artist and/or animator - it's like a portfolio in video form.
-
Here is a screenshot which shows the three parts I'm including in my demo reel. These three bars appear on the screen one by one, and then the selected one turns a different color (much like a dvd menu).
The character design section is what I'm working on right now. Here's a few screenshots:

As you can see, there is three parts to this shot. On the far left is the character turnaround, which loops between a front view, a quarter view, and a side view. On the far right is an animated flash character. These characters are on a "wheel" and rotate in and out. When selected, their animation loops over and over again a few times while the other art is being shown. In the middle is a fully-rendered drawing of the character, which slowly scrolls up in the background.

Here is another example.
-
So yeah, that is what is occupying most of my time. I'll still have some new art for you guys though, as well, so keep stopping by. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment