Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One-Wing & Flutter

Likely you've noticed One-Wing's Gallery has a new banner!
-
The art featured is my first step into an entire new way of making art - illustrating with vectors. The drawing was created entirely out of vectors, then taken into photoshop for finishing. So what do you think about the look?? Here is the full drawing:

Click for full size

Personally, I'm pleased with the result and excited to pursue this new style further.
-
Here is the vector drawing before taken into photoshop:

About the characters featured: Obviously you all know One-Wing, the mascot of this website. But a few of you might recognize her little friend as well. It's Flutter, my own personal character from the MousePaw game series. I would have had to make a vector of her anyway, so why not include her in this new experiment?
-
Comments and critiques welcome. I know that since I'm starting something new, I still have a lot of things to work on, so I'd love to hear what you guys think I could fix. :3

2 comments:

  1. I personally think using vectors really adds to and in a way improves your style. So yeah, keep on experimenting and practicing with the vectors, I'm really liking it a lot! (PS new layout looks great!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, Mal, I can't even find anything in that to criticize! Good job. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete