Monday, February 15, 2010

Cepholin

For awhile I've been concentrating on improving at two things: drawing more realistic poses, and drawing MALES. Because if you haven't noticed, I'm not that good at them...
-
This most recent work of mine is a good example of my practicing both. Here is pictured one of my favorite male characters from a novel I wrote in 2007, Heartwish, which I return to about once a year.
A brief bio of Cepholin:
In an era where two very different races attempt to sustain an unstable truce, a pair of twins are born which have blood of both races: human and Rhe'nyk. Cepholin, one of the two half-Rhe'nyk twins, takes advantage of his unique position by riling both races into war with one another, intending to rise to power amidst the fighting. However, there is one person set upon stopping him: a Rhe'nyk woman raised by humans named Kani, who once was very close to Cepholin until he put his selfish desires above his feelings for her. What follows is a showdown in which one side plays on racial tension while the other attempts to reconcile the two races.
-
Out of all my novels, Heartwish undoubtedly has the most complex plot - it is also the longest at a whopping 240,000 words. Since I wrote it in 2007, the writing itself is definately is not as refined as it could be.... nonetheless I find myself continuing to return to it simply because I still love the characters >w<
-
Click the tag "Heartwish" at the bottom of this post to see other illustrations from this novel. :)

1 comment: