Monday, February 8, 2010

One-Wing 2010

It's about time I made another drawing of this site's mascot.
How does she look? I think she turned out quite alright, myself.
-
A side note: People have been asking me, 'Why does she have just one wing?' I know I answered this in my very first post here, but since then, I've thought of a better answer.
-
So why just one wing for my character mascot? It is because, firstly, I realize that I am a flawed human being: no matter what, my art will never be as good as I want it to be. I will never be able to recreate the image I see in my mind with 100% accuracy. And so, just like a bird with just one wing, I cannot ascend by my efforts alone.
-
However, I'm not alone. I have the people who take the time to look at my art and give comments, critique, etc - this is of utmost importance to me. (Thank you. :)) I also have the guidance of my Master, Lord Jesus, who enabled me to create all these things, and it is for His glory that I make them. These things serve as my second, albeit invisible, wing, and provide flight for me.
-
Thank you for taking the time to read my explanation. If you haven't already done so, please take a look at the post that accompanies this one and vote on which color scheme you like best on One-Wing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment