Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Character Drawings - Moon Dancer

I'm in the process of making lots of new stuff, but since they're not done yet, I thought I'd post some old ones. These are the characters from my full-length novel, Moon Dancer, which I finished writing about a month or two ago. In case you're curious, here's a brief synopsis: it is about a group of people called "Wulven" who live in the same way wolves do - they live in packs, follow the "social hierarchy" (Alpha, Beta, etc), hunt to survive, and select mates. The story begins when a girl from our world is transformed into one of them. Thoughout the novel, this girl tries on different identities as she attempts to find her place in the world, and ultimately who she wants to be.
Here I've drawn all the Wulven from both packs. The drawings are messy and (mostly) uncolored, but I might get back to coloring and cleaning them up later.
The Sol Pack:

In order: Blaze, Breeze, Dawn Chaser, Nova, and White Wind (who is holding Cloud)

The Lune Pack:


In order: Dusk, Eclipse, Echo, Storm, and Starfall

And lastly, the Lone Wulven (Ghost):
Not Pictured: Aurora (because I forgot to scan my drawing of her...whoops...I will do that later!) and my main character (Christine/Snow/Rain/Moon Dancer) because believe it or not, I've never drawn her by herself. She's always...well, I'd better not finish that sentence because it's a spoiler!!
-
If any of you are interested in reading my novel, leave a comment or let me know in some other way, because I'd gladly send it to you. It is 12 chapters long and about the same length as a regular novel.
-
Anyhow, I have been doing a lot of thinking about what to do with this blog, so here's what you guys can expect in the near future!
-
First - A humor drawing I threw together just for fun, which should be done tomorrow.
Next will be my two final projects for classes - my Flash Animation final, which is possibly one of the most adorable things I've ever made; I can't wait to show people! And the other will be my Intro to 3d Modeling demo reel - in other words, my very first Maya works. :)
Also, as I keep saying, chapter one of my graphic novel/manga Covenant is still in the works and nearing completion.
Other ideas that I've had: I'm thinking of making special drawings to introduce each character from Covenant, along with a written introduction of the character as well as things about them you wouldn't know from just reading the comic. They might even pose with One-Wing and be interviewed by her - oh, I have so many ideas. Well, we'll just see where I take this.
And a lot more coming too! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a really cool idea for a story! You're so creative!
    I like a lot of the clothing design for your characters, it helps with adding more personality to them.
    Can't wait to see you flash animation final, cute animations are adorable! :3

    ReplyDelete